Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Did it...

Well family and friends due to the fact that next Monday will be spent all day with our beloved President Dalton and all 29 missionaries from my group (biggest group in the mission-world) and Tuesday will be spent all day in Santiago (Capital of Chile, Southern Chile, Green, not ugly) and Wednesday will consist of seeing you all, this will be my last letter as a full time Missionary De La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Últimos Días. Wow what a ride its been...

I'm gonna keep this short and first of all want you all to know, Don't get too excited to see me. I'm the same lame, short tempered, loves to be alone, every once in a while likes to laugh at himself, Mason Paxman. The difference now is I can grow a beard... I think.. I'm still not sure about that yet. I have changed Un Montón here on the mission but don´t expect a complete new Mason. I still have a week left to give it all I got. This last week of my mission we will be having Stake Conference and will be accompanied by 2 General Authorities from the quorum of the 70, Elder Jimenez and Elder Walter Gonzales. What a blessing to be able to bring my investigators to this last wonderful spirit filled Stake Conference and to finish it off, be able to finish my very last hour here in the Mission Field, Sunday Night, right before I get on the bus to Antofagasta be able to see my Convert Andrés be set apart as a missionary.... Be in the same building, be able to hug, a convert who as well will be a Missionary... I can´t express what that means to me... SO incredible will be this upcoming Sunday.. The last day here in the Mission...

I'm happy. Everyone is asking me how I feel, I just keep telling them I still have a week left to be a missionary. But I am super calm with what's happening.. I'm enjoying my last moments to be Elder Paxman, Not thinking too much about home, but yes the temptation is stronger than ever. But I feel very pleased with how I have been able to control myself. 

I was able to eat with My Previous Mamita and Papito from Arica from when I served in Pukarani over a year and a half ago. I can´t explain the emotions I have to be able to share a lunch- Be able to talk to them in real Spanish haha and Enjoy my last PDay with people I love. I could try to Explain all this in words but it just doesn´t work, The memories, feelings, everything are unique... My Mission is MY mission no one else had the same mission as me. I love my Savior for that reason and many many more.

This week we found and found and found. New people. Talking to everyone. Bearing my testimony. My companion-son is amazing, I am so blessed. I loved my mission. Now it's time for the next stage of my life. Which scares me a bit, but I know with the faithfullness to my calling to never stop being a missionary, That will keep me rolling. I'm on that grind to exaltation. With a smile on my Face I can honestly say I loved my mission. I am a changed person I just hope to show it and not say it. I appreciate the letters weekly, the packages, the pictures... It was all needed and with much Gratitude I thank you all. I will see you all in the airport on March 11th


My Last PDay spent on the Morro (Historic Rock thing here overlooking Arica) 
I saw a Pillar of Light...

Elder Paxman 
 






 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you for letting me experience this mission right along with you Mason! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your weekly letters and witnessing your challenges and growth over this past two years. Wow. What a tough and wonderful experience it has been for you! Enjoy this last week, and I'll see you in St. George soon!

Love,
Aunt Julie (and Tom too)