Monday, September 16, 2013

Daily Grind

I never really know how to start an e-mail... sooo hi... This week was a good one. My new companion arrived on Tuesday. Elder Cardozo, he is from Argentina. He has 19 years and has 7 and a half months on the mission. He is a pretty cool kid. He knows a little English but not very much, so my Spanish is improving day by day which I am very thankful for! 
Here in Chile right now is something like Chiles Independence month or something I dk.... flippin Chile so ya everyday there are parties and drunk people in the street yelling CHILEEEEEE. Weirdos.. but it's kinda rough to get into houses to teach our message cause everyone is preparing for the big party on September 18th.. Chile has ZERO culture until this month than all the Chileans go flippin cray cray with their Chilean pride... I don't really get it. In America we have our pride year round and celebrate our awesomeness on July 4th.... sometimes I just don't get Chile... MERICA!!!! So ya there are a bunch of asados (barbeques) everyday so its rough but MY SPIRIT IS STILL STRONG AS EVER I CAN DO IT!!!! haha.

Not much going on with investigators other than 1. Fransisca. She has 20 years and is really really good. We have been sharing with her for about a month and a half and she KNOWS that she needs to be baptized into this church... What's stopping her then.... I'm not sure... She is a science major so she likes to know things for a fact so she is waiting for a giant answer to come tell her that she needs to be baptized she has to know 100% which is not a bad thing at all. I wish more people were like her its just there are some things we can't teach her as of right now before baptism but hopefully she will get the answer. I shared Alma 34: 32, 33, 34 with her about not procrastinating the day of her repentance... That hit her strong... I hope she keeps that in mind and she can enter into the Puerta Y seguir Adalante en el Camino de Dios.. She will get baptized! It's just a matter of time. Other than her we are on the move to find some other investigators that we can teach and also to help our ward out and reactive some of the menos Activos in our ward. There is lots of work to do here in Chile. One thing the Chileans are known for is for how lazy they are... but it's okay I still love them... Sometimes.

It's funny with my Spanish having to speak it all day I only have 4 months here in Chile so I forget words sometimes and don't know how to say some things. But with Spanish and Chileans if you come across a word you don't know I just mumble a little and keep talking and people don't notice it at all... hahah flippin Spanish... and half the time when people ask me a question and I have NO CLUE what they said to me I just say.... Si, Claro... and most of the time it's right hahaha. Spanish... Chileans.. hahah.

When new missionaries get here to Chile, its only a matter of time before they start seeing a pan belly appear.... the pan (bread) here is from another planet.... sooooooo amazingly tasty and addictive. I sent a picture of it... that is the only thing that Chileans and Missionaries eat cause it's sooo cheap. I can buy 10 of those breads for only 400 Pesos... less than a dollar.. I LOVE THE BREAD.. So I'm embarrassed and saddened to say but my amazing hot spectacular body is slowly turning into a pan pouch... pucha... but who cares it's the mission... You're supposed to get fat... Most missionaries here gain like 40 pounds cause of the bread (pan) but me I think I'm losing weight... but losing my bodily figure... It's a sad time for me.... but all is good. haha. I'm on the daily grind trying to work and be as obedient as possible. The mission has changed me more than I can believe. I love everyday of it. Even if it is the hardest thing I have ever done. It's only for the better. Love you all so much. I pray everyday for all of you individually back at home. Love you!!!

Elder Paxman






Pan



1 comment:

Julie said...

I would be huge if I lived there. . . that yummy bread AND hot dogs? Oh my. Don't worry about the figure. My guess is you'll be back to normal in no time when you get back home. Plus it will keep the girls away for awhile. :) We'll pray that you can find some more people to teach. Watch out for the drunk people!

Love,
Julie (and Tom too)