Monday, September 23, 2013

Chile

Hi everyone. I hope all is well back in the good ol U.S.A. This past week was Chile´s independence week or something like that. If only you could see how crazy the people go during this week. Chileans don't have any culture EXCEPT for this week then they gooo insane... There was partying in the streets every night all night. Flippin cray cray I know... Every house we went up to and tried to share with they were either getting ready for September 18th (the actual day of the independence, the big party) or recovering from the 18th... Chileans.... It was a reaaaaal tough week to get into houses to share a message... pucha... oh well... I'm working super hard trying to get our ward back to where it should be... We are only having about 75 people show up every sunday which is real tough especially now that we are working super super hard with the members... It's hard when there are no members to work with... So my comp and I are trying hard to reactivate menos activos and strenghthen the ward.. Lots of work ahead of us...

About 2 weeks ago we were playing soccer on P-Day, and some flaite (thugs) stole our cell phone... so we haven't had a cell phone for the past 2 weeks which is kinda a bummer but whaterrr... Last week we went to a place called Uta and it was really ugly compared to the places back at home, but since I haven't seen a living plant in the past 6 months it was actually really cool. There was trees, a mini waterfall... all that fun stuff so ya.. One thing I've learned on the mission is that Elders are very very dirty. I think they play games with me in the pension to see how messy they can get the pension before I clean it... flippin Elders... The mission has changed me so much I'm the cleanest person you would ever see right now... I apologize to my mom for being messy and not doing my dishes growing up.... I hate messy people...... La Vida Cierto...

We have 1 investigator right now, Fransisca. She is really good and we are working super hard with her to have her take the step to baptism. She knows she needs to be baptised she just wants to know 100% which is a little tough since it's impossible to know everything in this church haha. But we are hopefully going to put a fecha with her this week. Pray for her. She needs to be baptized. 

Coke... Everyone drinks Coke here... That's all... Just Coke.... Not water... Coke.... I'm sick of Coke.... 

Just trying everyday to have happiness and enthusiasm working through some things with the comp... But all is well.. Stay positive people... We have the Gospel... 

Elder Paxman



















3 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

Glad you are keeping on trying. That makes all the difference. Hope you have success activating people. That will really help new members too. Love the little kitty.

Wayne Cable said...

I love that you are so committed to working hard. I know Heavenly Father will reward your efforts. Working with the members, even if they are few in number, is by far the best way to reach people. I hope they will respond well to what you are trying to do. So good to see you smiling!!
I love you Elder.
G-Pa Cable

Julie said...

Such fun pictures! I'm sure your Mom is super happy to hear you're clean. She raised you right!! Glad their little celebration is over so maybe you can have some luck getting into homes. Dang celebrations!! Keeping you in our prayers.

Aunt Julie (and Tom too)