Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ARICA!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Arica. Cambios were yesterday and I'm in Arica, the most northern city in all of Chile right next to Peru I think... So crazy but I'm soo stoked. My companion is Elder Rogers. He has the same amount of time as me on the mission, about 4 months. He already could speak Spanish before the Mission though so he was only in the MTC for a week. He is a Lingo, he speaks Spanish and English fluently. He is from Arizona. We get along really well so I'm really excited for this upcoming transfer with him.

We are in a little place called Pukarani Arica. It's a little bigger then my last sector but it's just really weird to be away from the busy hustle in Antofagasta. It is a lot calmer here. It's just a different feeling but I'm so excited.

We have a few Investigators that we will hope to baptize in a few weeks. Arica is famous for how cheap everything is. You better believe I'm going to be going crazy on buying soccer jerseys for like 4 Mil ( about 8 dollars). Antofagasta is the most expensive city in the mission and Arica is the cheapest. I don't have much to say I'm just super excited to be here in Arica.

We just ate with our Mamita, she cooks for us everyday so that is really cool, sorta. I'm gonna eat a lot better than I did in Antofagasta that's for sure. We live in a really nice pension with 2 other Elders. One is from Argentina and the other is from Canada Eh. The Elder from Argentina speaks perfect English. He learned all of it on his mission in just 11 months, so we only speak English in our pension oops... haha oh well. Lovin life right now.

Elder Paxman
Elder Funaro and Elder Paxman




2 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

So terrific to hear from you, Mason. I am excited that you are loving being in Arica. It is usually more fun being with more in your apartment. Hope you all get along super well. Wishing you all the best and hoping you find many people seeking the truth and recognize it when you share it with them. I send my love.

Unknown said...

I am happy that you finally received a transfer and a new comp. I hope you love being in Aricia. I know there must be people who have been prepared to receive the message of Christ. Stay well, and know that we love you and pray for you at least daily. I hope the Spanish is coming along nicely now.
G-Pa Cable