Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lechuga y Aceitunas

hello family. the caps lock doesnt work on this computer... how sad my life...

we had a pretty chill week. we heard lots of the word no... i think its funny that in spanish and english its the same word.. hahah. lots of the phrase, maybe another time... estoy ocupadita, im a little busy....  we had so many appointments fall through... but its okay because in the end, the family jaime, family of 5 were all able to come to church, except the mom. i literally can´t get enough of the look on the face of the people, the first time in church. the family looked so happy and content even though they are going through a death in the family... Watching them try to sing the hymns even though they have no idea... asking questions during the class. and when its all over, telling us they will see us next week... Nothing better. seriously. They all stayed for the 3 hours. 3 of the sisters are all in the young womens. they doubled the attendance of the young womens. then the other 2 in primary... they all have a fecha for the 20th of september, we will see what happens. i am praying so hard for that family. they need this, the world is so bad... 

we were able to leave and do some visits with some members of the ward this past week. A member who is living here for work purposes but who is from peru, is always such a help. an inactive family we have been working with for months were able to come to church for the first time in years, 2 grown men, the hardest ones to get to listen, were touched when our member, lennin, was able to bear his testimony, help with some doubts they had, and give the opening and the closing prayer because Hermano. Proestakis loved him so much hahaha. They both came up to us after the sacrament meeting and said, we´ll see you next week... i love those words. 

i was hit hard with strep throut this past week... its so cold in the mornings... this apartment has holes in it so the cold air just flows in hahah. its a fun little adventure we have. at times i was down a bit with my excitement but i was inspired out of no where to read 2 different talks, one that elder sargent gave to me and the other is called My Grace Is Sufficient (I Just Found Out There is another Caps Lock Key on the Keyboard haha silly me). The 2 different talks hit me hard and I realized I need to smile more, have the eternal perspective more, make good-fun memories. The Lord doesn´t just make up the difference, He is the difference... all of it. All he asks of us is that if we fall to get back up, even if we fall again, to get back up... Its hard for me to explain.. just go read it if you haven´t yet. It helped my vision and gave me the excitement that I needed exactly in that moment.. its funny how the lord does that. 

The Fleas are still in love with me for some reason... they chose to be in love with my leg this week (Here´s a picture) don´t worry, be happy. Don´t send me anything Im alright, I have enough Asea don´t worry Dad:) I think its funny haha. 

I'm officially the Director of the Hymns in church.... I hate it. We don't have a piano player (I regret 100% not continuing with my piano lessons... you were right mom i know.... :( anyways here in Chile when you don´t have a piano to play an intro, the director has to sing the first line so everyone knows how it goes.... lets just say i'm not the best singer and my voice goes through weird stages at times hahah 

we were able to do a service this past week. I learned how to make cement... I know ZERO about construction but it was fun learning hahah i definitely don´t have a carrer in construction... I was also able to do an intercambio with one of the companions of the District Leader... His name is Elder Mazariegos from Guatamala... reminds me sooo much of Tyler hahah same personality and looks and everything except in Spanish. Such a funny kid. A little home sick but that happens... We took a picture at a park with grass in the background.. you don´t find many parks here in my Ghetto sector... I got some stories for yal about what goes down here... better left for after the mission... pray for me;) hahahah I love it though. A Young man  in my ward here who we worked with a total of about 20 times in the past few months, one of my role models here, and one of the few people that I can call my true friends is going on a mission today. Abner, is going to PerĂº and was set apart yesterday, I gave him my Mission Manuel and a tie with some shoes that Don´t fit. he will be the greatest missionary, so humble... goodbye Abner.

I have been reminiscing this past week of the type of person I want to be in the future... Thinking about some of the fond memories of my past but also the not so fond. Just know I love who I am in my vision, and daily I strive to be him. I was thinking about some of the memories with each and everyone of you in my family, and would like to flashback... sometimes its necessary to do this at times. 

Chase- Nintendo 64, and NHL Hits until someone loses and throws the control at the TV hahah, Those Long days playing Basketball in the church until one of us loses it and gets kicked out of church ball games;) hahah sorry... Late night Ping Pong matches until someone throws the paddle... we always seemed to end in throwing something hahah. don´t worry that will change. 

Ciera and Seth- Those Sunday dinners when I was waiting for college and waiting for my mission. The small chit chat that really meant more than you know. I loved those dinners for so many reasons. Tweeting about you both and knowing Seth would read it hahah. Feeling at home in your house with you receiving me so well. 

Tanner- Listening to all of the Spongebob songs in my car, the few times I was able to spend some alone time with you. 

Zack- Playing catch in the backyard, (I wish I would have been better at that with you). Seeing how fast you progressed at baseball in such a short time.

Juan- Those famous big hugs you would give me. The dedication you showed to lose some weight, running on the treadmill.

Cashaye- Me singing loud and proud downstairs thinking no one was home then seeing you open your door to your room laughing and smirking... oops hahah

Mikayla, Melyssa, and CC- Stuffed animals on the trampoline, early morning game show network for kids on channel 101, the games we would make up in the pool and around the house, the plays we would perform on the stage upstairs.

Teancum- Soccer and Baseball everyday in the freezing cold snow, seeing your passion for sports. making late night McDonalds runs with Dad telling you not to tell Pamela hahah. 

Lydia- Being a cute little darling

Pamela- Karaoke and movie nights as a family. Treating us like your own children. mommy pam.

Dave- The cool dudes thumb handshake thingy with Chase, always telling us the 5 things to be sweet, kind, gentle, generous, and loving. the discipline you taught me even though I didn´t realize it til now. 

Dad- Football in the Entrada house with Chase, Button hook around the tree over the lava rocks hahah, going to ´´work´´ with you but getting into the baseball and basketball games for free to see them warm up and catching home run balls. cheating to the front of the line to get Mariano Riveras autograph and getting kicked to the back but still getting the autograph hahaha. our famous loooooong lectures with chase that I, now, love so much. 

Mom- Jamming out to Party in the U.S.A in the car together, with our own dance and everything hahah. The few times where I just wanted to do errands with you, seeing you on the side watching the Golf Tournaments of me even though I sucked... haha and also being able to see you at my baseball games on those beautiful spring days.

I love the mission. 

Elder Paxman
 
 








2 comments:

Julie said...

What a great letter, Mason. Your mission is HARD, but your attitude seems great and you're pushing through the challenges. Makes the good times all the sweeter, I'm sure. I loved reading about some of your memories with your family. Crazy how many siblings you have!!

Love you--
Aunt Julie (and Tom too)

Wayne Cable said...

Elder,
I am so proud of you for pushing through the hard times!! I admire your willingness to leave things in the hands of the Lord, after you have done all that you can do! So sorry about the plagues you seem to have to endure, but they too shall pass! Just know that I love you, and that you are in my thoughts and prayers continually.
G-Pa Cable