Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Daily Grind X2

I was just reading the emails from my Family, Ciera and Mom. My Mom told me a super funny story about Zack and I started to cry..... WHAT THE FREAK WHY AM I CRYING RIGHT NOW.... The mission literally has made me a baby..... and changed my perspective on my family. I then read my sister's e-mail about her buying a new washing machine and I STARTED CRYING MORE!!!!!! Yep.... something is definitely wrong with me. I have problems haha. My comp and the Chileans in this internet shop think I'm crazy.. I don't cry in lessons just when I read your e-mails haha... hahaha... Freaken Elder Paxman...

So ya.. It was another good week. I'm just trucking along on the daily grind. Finding Investigators to put fechas with, trying to bring them to church, bringing in actives to church.... I swear THE hardest and most stressful thing in the mission is Sunday morning 1 hour before church when we go looking for all our investigators and inactives. Running around every street. All of them sleeping. Having to wake them up, pounding on their door to come to church, yelling through their open window when they don't wake up..... Oh the Agony.... hahah. The mission¨for ya...

We have this investigator named Kelly, her daughter was baptized about 6 months ago and we decided to try and work with the mom. BUT WAIT. Kelly is Blind.. She has been Blind since birth and is very famous here in the city of Arica. So ya she is very receptive and loves listening to the missionaries. We are trying super hard to get a Libro De Mormon en Braille for her so she can read, if not then just audio. But we put a Fecha with her and she accepted. We are planning to baptize her the 23rd of November. She just needs to come to church and get some friends and stuff like that... Yep. We're excited. Hopefully she progresses more rapidly. Other than her we don't have many investigators but we have re activated a lot, which is basically like baptisms for me so I'm happy. 

The garbage men here in Chile are on strike (paro)..... You can imagine the wonderful smell that are in the streets during the mid day with the sun blazing down on the mountains of garbage.... I´ll send you some pictures. Ya but here in Chile we are starting summer and boy is it HOT HOT HOT, especially here in Arica. At the end of the days I am super super dead from the walking in the sun, but that's what I get for coming to the driest desert in the World. I'm getting super super tan. More tan than my Latin Comp haha.

This week we did some intercambios. I went on a Cambio with my new Bishop. He is excited to visit visit visit people, inactives, our investigator. He is very excited to work, so that was fun to talk to him and work a little with my Bishop. I also went on a cambio with an 18 year old in my ward, his name is José. He has his mission call to Lima Perú and leaves in Enero. He is a stud, a little shy but he is gonna do great in  Inline image 7Perú. That's awesome that he is getting the practice of what the mission will be like for him. We found an inactive this week, se llama Paul. He has been inactive for about 15 years but right now he wants to be an example for his wife and son. He is sooo humble and it's so amazing finding people that actually WANT to change their lives and start coming to church and be a good example. We don't find many people like him so I'm super excited to hopefully help reactive him and his family. He is such a great guy. 

But ya.... Calm week working hard. We went to the beach again today and played baseball on the beach... Man I love baseball and the beach haha. I miss you all so much. Hopefully I can control my crying when I write all of you haha. 

Con Mucho Amor 

Elder Paxman















1 comment:

Julie said...

Hahaha. I love your newly-acquired tender heart Mason. So cute. And I will never take garbage collectors for granted again. Sick! This here are great. Emily is all married and happy. It's cold and rainy (snowy in the mountains) today, so just the opposite of where you are. Tom and I are headed down to your old stompin' grounds this weekend and are hoping to enjoy some sunshine and hiking or mountain bike riding. . . and of course just plain relaxing. Keep up the good work reactivating--you know how near and dear that is to my heart!!

Love,
Julie (and T too)